Smoothie Icy Poles | This Naturally Sweet Life: Smoothie Icy Poles

Monday 3 November 2014

Smoothie Icy Poles

My kids love smoothies. In summer, we have smoothies most days for breakfast. They're fast, easy, and extremely healthy. Loaded with fruit, yogurt and baby spinach, they're very filling, and can keep my family going until lunch. With only real food ingredients and no refined sugar, these are the perfect way to start the day.

Given our addiction to this tasty way to start our day, when I came across this idea from Lisa at 100 Days of Real Food (Blog Post: My Favorite School Lunch Supplies), I knew we had to try them!


Smoothie Icy Poles

All you need is your favourite smoothie recipe (you can find ours here) and the molds.

I purchased my silicone push up molds from Ebay. They were fairly inexpensive, (under $15 for 10 molds including shipping) and they come in fun, bright colours which my kids love!

Start by mixing up your favourite smoothie in your blender or food processor. Or, if you have any, use the leftovers from breakfast. Gather your molds and find a jar to prop them in while filling.




Pour or spoon the smoothie mixture into the molds.



Stick them in the freezer for a minimum of three hours, or until firm.



That's it!  Easy, simple, fast and nutritious!  You can pull them out of the freezer on a moment's notice for a healthy treat. The perfect snack.

I hope you and your family love them as much as we do!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment