7 Tried and True Refined Sugar Free Recipes | This Naturally Sweet Life: 7 Tried and True Refined Sugar Free Recipes

Sunday 5 October 2014

7 Tried and True Refined Sugar Free Recipes

I've tried a lot of refined sugar free recipes and failed.  A LOT.  It always the same thing. The taste isn't right.  The sugar substitute used doesn't create the right flavour combination. It's bland or difficult to eat.
Just because I don't eat refined sugar doesn't mean I don't want to enjoy sweet foods.  It means I want to eat healthier without the nasty side effects of sugar addiction and teach my kids to eat foods that aren't highly processed with chemicals and additives.  I want real food recipes that we can enjoy and savour that I'm not ashamed to feed to my sugar eating family and friends.
I've dug through piles of blogs and tried hundreds of recipes to compose this list of  my tried and true refined sugar free recipes from other bloggers for you to enjoy as well.  These recipes please the hardest of critics (including my kids), and are made over and over in my kitchen.  I hope you love them as much as we do!


Tip: If the budget is tight, try substituting sunflower oil for the coconut oil.  I always use honey to sweeten because it's natural.  For a fruity addition, try adding a cup of blueberries to the batter before baking.

Tip: Natural peanut butter tastes as good as almond butter in this recipe.





Tip: If the budget is tight, substitute sunflower oil for the coconut oil.  These are awesome with any type of berries: raspberries, blueberries or strawberries.



Tip: To make these refined sugar free, skip the white chocolate chips and buy naturally sweetened cranberries from the health food store.
Tip: Use 30g of 85% dark chocolate in place of the chocolate chips to create a very thin layer of chocolate.
Happy Cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment